Product Mix Designs
The proportions of Steel fibres in mix designs usually range from 0.2% to 2.0% (20 to 150 kg/m3 ) of the composite’s volume. Key factors to consider largely depend on the application under consideration and/or the physical properties desired in the finished project.
Mix designs with fibre proportions above 60kg/m3 are usually adjusted to accommodate the presence of millions of steel fibre reinforcing elements. The adjustments are an increase in the cement factor, a reduction in the top size of the coarse aggregate and the addition of a super plasticiser. Prototype testing is recommended to determine the optimum design for each application.
ApplicationSave Time & Money With FIBERCON. We will engineer your solution
- Leader in Steel and Macro Synthetic Fibres
- Custom fibre designs and packaging available
- Excellent crack control
- Superior installation performance
- Unequaled cost-effectiveness
- No handling or finishing problems
- Variety of standard types and sizes available
- Engineering and design assistance available...
FIBERCON fibres were chosen for Stradbroke Island artificial reef
Magnetic Island Walkway protected against salt corrosion
FIBERCON MP47 was chosen for Gold Coast Light Rail Project