Product Mix Designs
The proportions of Steel fibres in mix designs usually range from 0.2% to 2.0% (20 to 150 kg/m3 ) of the composite’s volume. Key factors to consider largely depend on the application under consideration and/or the physical properties desired in the finished project.
Mix designs with fibre proportions above 60kg/m3 are usually adjusted to accommodate the presence of millions of steel fibre reinforcing elements. The adjustments are an increase in the cement factor, a reduction in the top size of the coarse aggregate and the addition of a super plasticiser. Prototype testing is recommended to determine the optimum design for each application.
ApplicationSave Time & Money With Fibercon. We will engineer your solution
- World leader in steel and Macro Poly techonology
- Custom Fibre designs and packaging available
- Excellent crack control
- Superior installation performance
- Unequaled cost-effectiveness
- No handling or finishing problems
- Variety of standard types and sizes available
- Engineering and desing assistance available...